Portage County in Almond Township Central Wisconsin
Main Page – http://www.thelandman.net/bancroft-wi.html
Bancroft WI is located mostly in Almond Township of Portage County on Cty W right by I-39 /51 between Plainfield and Plover just northwest of Almond. It’s unincorporated and mostly consists of full time residents who work in the area. West of the interstate is mostly wetlands right by the interstate are large farm fields. To the east of I-39 are mostly large farm fields with a couple large batches of wooded land. Just south is a named rock formation called “The Ledge” and it is PRIVATELY OWNED not open to the public. Bancroft WI 54921 – Post Office is based in Portage County but also services a tiny strip in Adams County all in Leola Township and a tiny part of Plainfield Township in Waushara County as well.
Nearby Villages, Towns and Cities
- Wisconsin Rapids
Nearby Lakes, Rivers, Creeks and Trout Streams
- Lake Wazeecha
- Bass Lake
- Washburn Lake
- North Branch Tenmile Creek
- South Branch Tenmile Creek
- Ditch Number 3, 4, 5, 9, 10
- Duck Creek
Nearby Wisconsin Public Land
- Buena Vista State Wildlife Area
- Leola Marsh State Wildlife Area
Area Information – Lakes, Public Land, Photos, Real Estate
Main Page – http://www.thelandman.net/plainfield-wi.html
Plainfield Wisconsin is located mostly in Plainfield Township and a little bit in Oasis Township of Waushara County on State Highway 73 right by I-39 /51 between Hancock and Bancroft. It’s considered as a village because it mostly consists of full time residents who work in the area. This area is mostly large farm fields with just a little bit of public land named Big Roche-A-Cri Creek Fishery Area with Big Roche-A-Cri Creek class trout stream flowing through it. You can hunt, fish for trout, hike and enjoy some wildlife viewing on this public land. Plainfield has some light shopping with a store, café, bowling alley, bars / grills, a phone company and other small businesses. Plainfield Township borders Portage County to the north and Adams County to the west. Plainfield WI 54966 – Post Office is based in Waushara County but also services a tiny portion of Northern Adams County in Leola Township.
- Waushara County, Plainfield Township
- General Size of Village – Around 850 people
- Area Lakes – Sand Lake, Big Roche-A-Cri Creek (class Trout Stream), Plainfield Lake, Sherman Lake, Fiddle Lake, Lake Huron and more…
- Area Features: Schools, Post Office, Interstate Access, Corporate Farm fields, Banks, Shopping, Churches, Bars, Restaurants, Gas Stations, located close to a couple small fishing lakes and more…
- Area Terrain – Mostly large farm fields.
- Area Code – 715
- Zip Code – 54966
- County Road – BB & State Highway 73
- Interstate – I39 / 51
- School District – Tri-County
- Classified as a Village.
- History – Founded in 1848 by William Kelly